Hospice Social Worker
ARCTURUS is a fast-growing Hospice striving to provide the highest level of quality care to patients faced with life-limiting illnesses. Our goal is to make each patient as pain-free as possible and give physiological, emotional and spiritual support to both the patient and family. We understand that the decision change from curative to comfort care is difficult, and our team is trained to help you every step of the way! We are located in Peachtree Corners, GA and can serve patients in 30 counties.
We are proud to provide our team with the following
- Competitive salaries
- Great working environment
- Generous PTO
- Health insurance, life insurance, group dental and vision plans
- Company 401 K contribution
- Flexible, understanding and professional management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide wide range of psycho-social services to terminally ill patients and their families.
- Assess and re-evaluates the patient and family psychosocial needs.
- Asses the pre-bereavement/anticipatory grief needs.
- Implement the Plan of Care provisions to meet their needs, which include: Social service goals for alleviating problems, supportive counseling, problem solving, community referrals pre-bereavement and bereavement care.
- Abide by all HIPAA laws, Medicare/Medicaid and DHEC Regulations as well as Conditions of Participation (CoPs) to maintain patient rights, privacy and due care.
- Maintain documentation in patient’s record per internal regulatory and professional standards.
- Advise on patient situations such as: ineffective patient/family coping and decision making advance directives long term or assisted living placement substance abuse abuse/neglect and/or bereavement.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management team
- Education: Graduate of an accredited college with a Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Licensure: Current Social Worker license.
- Current GA Drivers License.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation with valid and current auto liability insurance. Will need to travel locally with some exposure to weather.
- Minimum of 1 years social work experience in a healthcare setting or social services agency.
- Hospice experience a plus.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the impact of terminal diagnosis and anticipatory grief on psycho-social functioning, family dynamics, and Community relations, and of appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Understanding of hospice and the psychosocial dynamics of illness, loss, and death; ability to apply knowledge of the special needs of hospice patient and families
- Sensitivity to the impact of life and death issues face by individuals with terminal illness
- Tact in dealing with these patients and their families
Kate Gorinshteyn is the director of marketing at Arcturus Health Care. Arcturus is a fast-growing Hospice striving to provide the highest level of quality care to patients faced with life-limiting illnesses. Our goal is to make each patient as pain-free as possible and give physiological, emotional and spiritual support to both the patient and family. We understand that the decision change from curative to comfort care is difficult, and our team is trained to help you every step of the way!
We are proud to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.